Cervical cancer is the newest in the block and that is why, the HPV vaccine is being used against it. If someone near is suffering from this form of cancer, then make sure that, you remember to tell them this, because, it will be able to bring them some hope and that is why, it is important that, you go through the rest of this writing.
The first thing that you need to know about this vaccine is the fact that, the full form of HPV is Human Papillomavirus vaccine. The main job of this vaccine is in the case that, it stops the virus which is the root cause of almost all kinds of cervical cancers. Along with that, you also need to know that, this is the type of cancer which is one of the most common causes of death in women suffering from cancer. Now, after hearing or reading about the HPV vaccine, if you are thinking about getting one, then it is also important that you try and get some facts straight about this topic. Knowing these facts will be able to help you quite a lot and you will come you know about them here. The facts that you need to know about are:
- The virus that causes cervical cancer is one of the commonest amongst the sexually transmitted viruses.
- If you go for the HPV vaccine, then you will be protected against 70% of the viruses that cause cervical cancer in the first place.
- You also need to know that, the HP virus is sort of common in women. Almost every woman by the age of 50 somehow gets this virus and then in some the virus develops and gives birth to the disease and in others it doesn’t.
- Mostly the virus does not give any kind of symptoms.
- The virus can cause other problems such as warts in the vagina and anus, cancer of vagina and anus, also of head and neck.
- The HPV vaccine is recommended for girls between the age of 11 to 12 and also amongst the young women between the age of 13 to 26.
- Despite having the vaccine, you need to make sure that, regular pelvic exams and Pap test are done on you. This way, you will be able to keep this disease at bay.
The basic concept working behind the vaccine is to provide protection to women before they get into a sexual life or conjugal life. The vaccine does consist of total three injections and is given over a period of six months. Along with that, you also need to know, the injection is given in the arm or the thigh depending on the convenience of the person. This vaccine is also applicable to men between the age of 11 to 26. The vaccine is rather expensive but the good news is, it is covered by most of the medial insurances. So, if you are to get the HPV vaccine, then you need not worry about the money.